Goal Setting – Start With The End In Mind.
Here are just a few goal setting tips for your business in the coming year.
There are a variety of ways in which youʻll want to measure how your company or organization is doing. When you choose a method for goal setting, you create clarity and alignment for everyone on the team. As a result, youʻre entire team will know where youʻre headed and what success looks like.
Decide on Your Main Goal
Is this the year to to grow your revenue? Is the year to increase efficiency? What are the specifics of these goals? Is your goal a project with a hard deadline, like getting your website launched in 2 months, be sure and commit to it with a date.
Whatever your goal, once you have it, put it out in front of you; on your desk on your computer screen, talk about it, share it with your team, socialize the heck out of it. By sharing this goal you build momentum around it for yourself and others.
People will believe in your goal when they see you believe in it too.
A few steps to help you focus:
- Establish Goals: Establish your goals by considering the business’s mission and vision. Define what you would like to accomplish over a specified period of time.
- Develop an Implementation Plan: Develop a plan for how you will achieve your goals. Your implementation plan should include steps and timelines that lead to the desired results.
- Set Milestones: Break each goal into smaller and more manageable tasks. Use these milestones as benchmarks to measure your progress.
- Monitor and Evaluate: Monitor and evaluate your progress regularly in order to ensure that you are staying on track to meet your goals.
- Take corrective action: If you are not on track to meet your goals, it is important to take corrective action as soon as possible.
- Remind Yourself: Remind yourself of why you set your goals in the first place and what you hope to accomplish with them. This will help to keep you motivated and
TOOLS TO START
You donʻt need to make the goal setting and tracking high tech. If youʻre ready to go here are a few tools that may be useful:
Goal Setting Template
Remember, you donʻt want to create administrative overhead. Be sure and stay focused on setting goals. And, if you decide to use a more complex tool for tracking your goals, be sure youʻve planned for the resources needed to maintain it.